Luxury Getaways near Cape Town
Perfect getaways just a short drive from Cape Town. The following hotels or lodges are excellent for a few days away with a group of friends or family. All of the lodges are family friendly:
- Bushmanskloof – Only 270 km from Cape Town, located in the Cederberg Mountains, this natural haven of wide open plains and rugged rock formations allows one to surrender one’s senses, while reconnecting with nature. This retreat is recognized for its splendid accommodation and facilities, authentic South African cuisine and generous hospitality.
- Le Clé de Montagnes – La Clé des Montagnes offers an idyllic accommodation setting a short stroll from the historic village of Franschhoek. A selection of four 5 star unique villas await you on a working wine estate, surrounded by picturesque vineyards, plum orchards with a magnificent mountain backdrop.
- Morukuru Ocean House – Cocooned in luxury, Morukuru Ocean House is situated on the pristine beaches of De Hoop Nature Reserve, one of South Africa’s most beautiful coastal regions. With interior décor inspired by the magnificent sand dunes and their fynbos vegetation, the four double suites all boast ensuite bathrooms with vast glass doors looking out onto the ocean.
- Tintswalo Atlantic – Widely known as Cape Town’s hidden gem, this 5 star, award-winning boutique lodge nestled at the base of the ocean-facing Table Mountain National Park. Sitting at the foot of Chapman’s Peak, the lodge is perched on a pebbled beach and enjoys panoramic views of the picturesque Hout Bay harbour, the dramatic Sentinel mountain peak, and the Atlantic Ocean beyond.
- Babylonstoren – Babylonstoren is a historic Cape Dutch farm near Paarl and Franschhoek, that boasts one of the best preserved farmyards in the Cape. Beloved for its magnificent garden that is laid out over 3,5 hectares (8 acres), the garden is divided into 15 sections that comprise fruit, vegetables, berries, bees for pollinating, indigenous plants, fragrant lawns, a prickly pear maze, ducks and chickens, and more. Lots of activities to do on the farm!
- Sanbona Wildlife Reserve is around a three-hour scenic drive from Cape Town in the heart of the Little Karoo, along Route 62 – the world’s longest wine route. At the foot of the towering Warmwaterberg Mountains, Sanbona boasts 58, 000 hectares of sculpted Cape Fold Mountains, wide-open Karoo plains, indigenous flora and fauna and rare examples of San rock art, some dating back more than 3, 500 years, plus a unique boat safari. More than a Big 5 wilderness reserve, it’s the vastness of the landscape, the alluring stillness and isolation amid raw beauty and boundless plains that make Sanbona unique.